PitchLink: In Conversation with Jagdish C Belwal
In Conversation with Jagdish C Belwal Founder and CEO, Jagdish Belwal Advisory and Former CIO of Tata Motors and GE Transportations.
- Jagdish is a seasoned CIO turned entrepreneur, adept at technology anchored business transformations. He has worked in varied industries like Construction Equipment, Automotive, and Railway Transportation. He started his career with Tata Motors as a business manager, set up Automotive World’s largest CRM, before becoming the CIO of Tata Motors in 2009. He joined GE in 2017 as the International CIO for GE Transportation.
- The fundamental shift in information asymmetry that existed two decades back and favoured the Seller has given way to a 180-degree shift in favour of the buyer. The salesperson has no visibility of what is going on at the Buyer end and how simple suggestions from peers can change the decision.
- How social networks that came into play in the Consumer market and how the B2B sellers missed the context. How professionals banded together and what happened in the Golf courses moved to interest groups which are private.
- How Advocacy, authenticity, accountability and how to connect with the organisation and not only the person you are selling to. Why it is critical to keep product features aside and understand the problems of the end customers in manufacturing, sales, HR and supply chain.
- Are you reading Annual Reports or analyst research? Are you sensing the needs of the customers and educating them along the way? For example, what happens if you can take time to teach something the customer can benefit from?
These and more insights you never find in the public discourse around Sales and Buying in this eye-opening episode of The Buyer Side Chat.
Run time – 44.27 mins.