Bizcast: Bits about books – In Conversation with T N Hari, Author, Saying No To Jugaad, The Making of BigBasket
- T N Hari is a Strategic Advisor at Fundamentum and heads HR at BigBasket. Saying No To Jugaad, The incredible story of BigBasket is his latest Book which he Co-authored with M.S. Subramanian.
- Why, contrary to popular belief, Unicorns in India were not necessarily building sustainable businesses. Abundant capital was encouraging bad behaviour by Founders which was using easy cash to buy customers who never return to provide margins and profits. This was a jugaad that BigBasket was determined to reject.
- Why stories engage people better than statistics and how Hari planned to narrate the story of Bigbasket through the amazing stories of its people. A lot to take away there.
- Story of BigBasket is the story of conviction irrespective of what the Pope’s of investment recommended.
- BigBasket was clear that it was not a tech company unlike what the likes of Uber and WeWork claimed. BigBasket clearly stated their objective as being Tech-enabled as opposed to claiming to be Tech Led.
These and more insights from the ground in this great episode of Bits About Books.
Run time – 35.37 mins.