PitchLink: In Conversation with Tibor Shanto
In Conversation with Tibor Shanto – Chief Value Officer & Principal at Renbor Sales Solutions Inc.
- Tibor has been a sales leader for over 25 years and has trained leading companies including Imperial Oil, Bell Canada, Business Development Bank, amongst others. His Proactive Prospecting Program has been accredited by the Canadian Professional Sales Association.
- Data is diverse and the compatible data to support any claim in the world of sales can usually be found. This does not mean that the data gathering is flawed or that the organizations doing it are manipulating information, it just means that different data sets point to different conclusions.
- Moreover, terms such as lead or prospect, and many other similar terms, are defined differently by various people, and that too can lead to widely divergent numbers.
- Having access to data per se is not useful unless there is a specific plan or course of action that can utilize the data.
- People know the statistics of games they follow down to a tee. Yet, they have little idea of the number of sales calls they have made or other sales action related information.
- Sales enablement has not really helped salespersons reach their quota. It just nudges practitioners to keep gathering data, without really encouraging them to actually go out and sell.
- Salespeople can engage with the buyer by being subject matter experts and providing actionable insights to prospective buyers. She helps the customer discover the buy and creates that bond.
These and more insights you never find in the public discourse around Sales and Buying in this candid episode of The Buyer Side Chat.
Run time – 42.20 mins.