PitchLink: In Conversation with Kevin Dixon
In Conversation with Kevin Dixon the founder and CEO of Boxxstep.
- Kevin Dixon the founder and CEO of Boxxstep, a B2B SaaS sales platform that complements CRM by focusing on the buyer committee and aligning selling with buying. Kevin has spent his entire sales career in complex and enterprise sales, including 20 years in executive leadership positions. This includes Ericsson, Siemens, and Logica.
- How has the selling process changed? Earlier it was Pitch, Propose Close –says Kevin. The head of a department can very well make a decision about buying a communication system worth thousands of pounds on his own. No committee. No tech approval.
- Everyone says selling is hard, is complex but the buyer is facing a far more difficult task. One of the reasons is the inundation of information that the buyer has to navigate.
- You need two things to be a trusted advisor. Advice and Trust. It takes a long time to build the later and real expertise to dispense the first. If you want to build trust stop acting like a salesperson and stop driving a sales agenda.
- The more you share your experience that helps the buyer navigate their challenges the better placed you will be to get nearer to a transaction.
These and more insights you never find in the public discourse around Sales and Buying in this candid episode of The Buyer Side Chat.
Run time – 40.09 mins.