PitchLink: In Conversation with Aval Sethi
In Conversation with Aval Sethi, Head of Procurement at Embassy Services.
- Aval started his career in the Indian Army and moved to the Corporate world where he has worked in different industries and organisations like iEnergizer, Bechtel, JLL and Protaiga. Aval brings in over 26 years of rich experience in multi-disciplinary areas of Procurement Transformation, Strategic Planning & Negotiations, Critical Supplier Development & Relationship Management with a clear leadership focus on Driving Enterprise Value.
- What brings the Buyer to the table? It starts with a need. The identification differs from Business to business. A business case is built up for the need to be fulfilled. This includes justifications with a few critical pillars – For starters – is it worthwhile – should we invest pay this cost? How will it benefit the department or the company? Then benefit and value analysis.
- What is a Request for Proposal and Request for Quotation?
- Is the role of Procurement changing in the digital procurement era? Can the role go extinct? Procurement as a function as we know today will cease to exist – Procurement will be strengthened in the Digital era. The function will be more informed and more agile.
- What will a buyer do first? He will get online and embark on research – solutions, history of people who are selling and the solution they are providing. The buyer is now radically more informed – about the various options and the specific supplier they are sitting across.
- Co-creation of solutions is one definite outcome of the new Buyer Led Era.
These and more insights you never find in the public discourse around Sales and Buying in this eye-opening episode of The Buyer Side Chat.
Run time – 1.05.49 mins.