Bizcast: SaaStories – In Conversation with Jeffery Potvin, Founder & General Partner, Open People Network – OPN and The Supporters Fund.
- Jeffery Potvin is an angel investor in multiple regions and has Invested in 55+ companies in Canada. He is a member of the York, Spark & GTAN angels & screening committees while being the driving force behind Open People Network! OPN is a group of angel investors helping accelerate the growth of early-stage startups through The Supporters Fund and Pitchit Series.
- Thoughts and ideas manifest themselves everyday, but these must be given time and due consideration before embarking on actioning them. Planning comes before execution. Even then, execution may not materialize for numerous reasons, including the lack of domain knowledge or focus.
- The reason some companies fail to attract investments is because they have terrible delivery and fail to understand the business enough. The business is more than a product or service, in terms of what is delivered, and how the business can grow.
- Stakeholders in early-stage investing were often not diving deep enough to understand the nuances of the business. They were spreading out the risk and assuming that all investments were 100% risk.
- Short 7 minute pitches are ideal for investors to get a grasp of the proposition. The restriction ultimately makes for a better and more succinct pitch that must make all the key points to explain the core values of the business idea.
These and more Stats, Data and inside stories in this insightful episode of SaaStories
Run time – 57.34 mins.