Bizcast: Bits about books – In Conversation with T N Hari, Co Author, Sailing through a storm, Making a Crisis work for you
- T N Hari is an advisor and sounding board to numerous young entrepreneurs and startups. He is also a Strategic Advisor at ‘Fundamentum’, which is a homegrown growth phase VC fund. He Co-Authored the book with Sanjay Swami, Managing Partner & Co-Founder – Priven Advisors LLP, Advisory to Prime Venture Partners.
- We are living though a historic moment of crisis due to the global pandemic. This was a strong reason to introspect and understand why challenges motivate us, how we survive and come out stronger in the process – which became the motivation for the book.
- The distinction between a cyclic upheaval and a Black Swan event lies only in perspective. What is rare in one lifetime, may be a cyclic event over a longer period of time such as every 200 years. Challenge and adversity are therefore the normative condition, if a sufficiently long period of time is taken into consideration.
- The book delves into history and explores the unique challenges faced by men and women, and how they overcame adversity. Especially telling are instances of women who faced inequality, and have not been given their due, as well as a woman monarch who ruled with a difference to bring peace and prosperity to her kingdom.
- The authors identify five leadership qualities that make people shine even during crises, and come out stronger in the face of it. These include Character, Meaning and purpose in life, Balancing emotion and reason, Balance between masculine and feminine leadership traits, and Fearlessness and selflessness.
These and more insights in this new episode of Bits About Books with T N Hari
Run time – 32.10 mins.