Bizcast: Bits about books – In Conversation with Deb Calvert, Co-author, Stop Selling & Start Leading – How to make Extraordinary Sales Happen.
- Deb Calvert authored DISCOVER Questions® and Stop Selling & Start Leading, founded The Sales Experts Channel, is President of People First Productivity Solutions, and is a certified sales and executive coach. She’s one of the “65 Most Influential Women in Business,” a Top 30 Global Sales Guru, and an inductee into The Sales Hall of Fame.
- While it is common in B2C selling to do buyer research and be responsive to buyer demands, it is strange that the same paradigm has not been applied in B2B selling.
- It is no longer enough to provide service, because we have to create meaningful and relevant experiences for each and every buyer. 89% buyers will pay more for superior experience than for a superior product.
- There are many levels of experience, such as human to human connection. This is not just a “nice to have”, but a differentiator. Ultimately, it is crucial to provide experiences that are transformative, affecting the buyer in how they think, buy and do business.
- Entire organizations must be customer focused, and therefore, thinking about customer experience.
- The authors conducted a survey amongst buyer to rank 30 leadership behaviors of sellers that would make them buy more from those sellers. One of the highest rated behavior is that buyers want a 2-way dialogue and not a unidirectional sales pitch. This implies that a diagnostic approach with survey type questions that tries to segment and qualify the buyer’s needs alienates the buyer.
These and more insights in this new episode of Bits About Books with Deb Calvert.
Run time – 38.58 mins.