PitchLink: In Conversation with Arun Varadarajan
In Conversation with Arun Varadarajan Executive Vice President & Member of Executive Committee at Collabera Inc.
- Arun is the Executive Vice President & Member of Executive Committee at Collabera Inc. He is currently based in Princeton and has significant global experience across Asia, Middle East, Europe and North America in building solutions, creating market relationships, establishing a strong customer base and building partner ecosystems in various leadership roles spanning Sales, Practice, and Delivery for over 27 years.
- What is the value of emotive selling and earning trust to the point where those in the customers team who were fronting the purchase – not necessarily deciding – shares who all needs to be convinced in their team. Arun has a great tip here. Never want to meet those other stake holders. Empower the enablers to sell internally on your behalf.
- Why is it important to first understand the buyers’ journey and adjust and adapt to that rather than following a fictitious sales defined path?
- 3 reasons why Buyers buy differently today – information asymmetry favors the buyer, Buyers have a lot more choice and buyers know what they want, unlike in the past where a lot of buying was exploratory.
- There is lack of consistency in the ability of sales organization’s to use the huge amount of insights available both in public domain and otherwise – to understand the buyers context.
- Brands only give you the permission to play but not to sell or to be bought. Permission to sell has to be earned every time. It is a repeated trust building model.
These and more insights you never find in the public discourse around Sales and Buying in this candid episode of The Buyer Side Chat.
Run time – 46.57 mins.