Bizcast: Bits about books – In Conversation with Benjamin Hardy, PhD, Author, Personality Isn’t Permanent
- Dr Benjamin Hardy is an organizational psychologist and bestselling author of Willpower Doesn’t Work. His blogs have been read by over 100 million people and are featured on Forbes, Fortune, CNBC, Cheddar, Big Think, and many others.
- ‘The Body Keeps the Score’ by Bessel van der Kolk triggered Ben to start thinking about the permanency and the frame through which we look at ourselves? How the body reacts to trauma and how it freezes our reactions and what is the relation to ideas that say that we are born with a personality that’s permanent.
- How accurate are personality tests like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram? Listen to learn why they are not only psychologically destructive but are no more scientific than horoscopes and other pervasive myths of personality that have captured pop culture.
- How parents box children into behaviour patterns and reinforce ideas when there is ample proof that the child is anything but.
- Why do we fail to keep our New Year resolutions? What could the way mitigate this failure year after year? Listen in.
These and more startling insights in this eye opening episode of Bits About Books.
Run time – 39.23 mins.